Colony Olivenhain was established in 1884 by a group of German-speaking immigrants. About 10 years later, the members of Colony Olivenhain built the Olivenhain Meeting Hall.
The Olivenhain Town Council is a not-for-profit corporation formed to hold and preserve the Olivenhain Meeting Hall and property.
The purpose of the OTC is to promote an appreciation of Olivenhain history for the public good of the community of Olivenhain. We do this through:
- Ownership, restoration, and maintenance of historic Olivenhain buildings and grounds.
- Hosting longstanding fundraising events that pay homage to Olivenhain’s history.
- Furthering the public good of the Olivenhain community through public use of the space (free for qualifying organizations) and hosting free community events.
Membership is $25 per year per family which pays for the monthly newsletter and contributes to maintenance of the Olivenhain Meeting Hall and grounds. Members receive newsletters monthly. For more information regarding joining, please see our Membership page.
Check out the Introduction to Olivenhain. Olivenhain has had some interesting history. After reading our introduction, we hope you’ll want to know more.
The book Colony Olivenhain by Richard Bumann contains much more information on the history of Olivenhain. Book sales, along with special events and fundraising activities, support the preservation of the Meeting Hall and grounds.
Several committees handle special projects for the Olivenhain Town Council. Check out the Building & Grounds, City Watch Task Force, and Community Events pages.
See the Newsletter Archive for past newsletters.